Saturday, May 31, 2008

Visit Port Sudan

Yes this post contains some shameless Sudan-promotion, but it's a beautiful country and you should visit Sudan it sometime. Sudan is not exactly on your list of "must visit countries" , but put aside your list for a bit and look at the pictures.



This is not about Sudan, but this is about port Sudan, one of Sudan's most beautiful cities.

It's the perfect place to visit....friendly locals, nice beaches, one of the world's best diving areas, nice hotels and resorts and the city is very tourist-friendly.

Remember, tourism is always good for the locals:)


















More information :-

11 comments:

Crushed said...

Yes, it does look nice.

I shall definitely make an affort to visit some time :)

But what I can't see in the pictures is....
Where's the nearest pub? ;)

jmb said...

Why should you not shamelessly promote it? It's your homeland and you love it. Plus these photos show it to be a beautiful place.

Dalu said...

Oh wow.

My and Hubby are definitely visiting. lol. Remember when you asked me if he was open to Sudan (or visiting anywhere in Africa) lol, he is VERY OPEN, even more open to visiting Sudan than I am. lol.

Emilio said...

Simply wonderful! Emilio

Emilio said...

Simply wonderful! Emilio

Daana said...

wow....I wanna go :)

p.s. a lot of older folks promote some superstitious stories about talking cats in port Sudan or was that Sawakin mmmm i don't remember...but it's funny LOL

Chervil said...

Thanks for posting the photos. Makes me realise I had absolutely no idea what your country looks like - it is so easy to be influenced solely by terrible stories in the newspaper.

jmb said...

Hi again Kizzie,

Recently we had a vote in Blogpower on various issues. We did not hear from you in this regard and since one of the questions was asking the members to reconfirm their membership in Blogpower, could you please do so by emailing JMB at nobodyimportant@shaw.ca? We are using this method of communication since we want to be sure to reach you and perhaps the spam filter ate the other emails. Regards jmb.

jmb said...

Hi Kizzie,
I am contacting the members of Blogpower to ask them to reconfirm, or not, their membership. I would appreciate it if you could email me at nobodyimportant@shaw.ca Thanks jmb

Chervil said...

I particularly like the camels at the beach!

Colin Campbell said...

Blogs are very powerful in presenting a balanced picture of a country. I had no real idea what Sudan was like. Thanks for sharing.