Saturday, August 20, 2011

Drained

I have final exams in October. I'm taking two courses in sustainable development at the University of London and I'm hoping to do well and upgrade to the master's program. I've always been interested in journalism, human rights and development. I'm still in Cairo, studying and writing sometimes. I have a review of Leila Aboulela's Lyrics Alley coming up and working on a few surprise pieces. So, it is not exactly a holiday!

For now, I will leave you with important bits and pieces from the international news.


This BBC audio report is about the world's first climate refugees. They are from Torres strait islands in Australia and their are threatened by the rising sea levels. My dear friend, Mohamed Al Garf wrote about climate change refugees for Eco-Options Egypt more than a year ago. Read his informative piece @ http://www.ecooptionsegypt.com/?p=617

Listen to the report-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9566000/9566432.stm

My dear friend, Maha wrote an amazing piece about Ramadan in Sudan.

Read it @

I'm still getting acquainted with twitter. You can follow me @ReemAbbas. For now, I need to go back to reading about climate change and sustainable development.


No comments: