Friday, June 10, 2011

My fellow Americans- Muslims



*http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss218/equal-life/th_muslims-against-terrorism.png*


A reader of this blog shared a link to a life-changing video with me. The link takes you to a website called my fellow American. It is a creative online project that "calls upon concerned Americans to pledge and spread a message that Muslims are our fellow Americans".

I had the chance to watch a very short video on the webite and I consider myself fortunate. Just s few weeks ago, my bestfriend was in Greece and she was telling me about anti-Muslim sentiment there and how mosques were burned down. At the same time, anti-Muslim sentiment is on the rise in the US. Protests against the ground zero news last year and Koran-burning in Florida a few weeks ago is a constant reminder that Muslims continue to face prejudice in the post-9/11 world.

I'm glad to know that some Americans think of Muslim-Americans as "fellow Americans".
As a Muslim , I pledge to respect all religions and contribute to mutually-beneficial cross-cultural understanding

WATCH THE VIDEO

http://myfellowamerican.us/

No comments: